Failure to adhere to the following rules during the application process will result in immediate denial of the application and may lead to a time penalty on reapplying.
- You must have been registered on the forums for at least one (1) week before applying for Skilled.
- Don't try to apply for Adept as a Novice. You must be Skilled first.
- Do not reply to your own application to approve it; it's obvious from the application itself that you approve your own promotion. You may, however, respond to the comments of others.
- Do not ask for promotions in the server chat. The application system is the only means of initiating a petition. Requests for rank in the chat will be denied immediately, and may delay promotion when the proper application has been submitted.
- Do not message the staff either in the game or on the forum. We will frequently check for submitted applications. Prompting from players to check applications, or inquiries on the status of an application, may lead to denial of the application.
- Using the default texture pack for screenshots is strongly encouraged. Mac users follow this link for help - http://akintudne.org/node/1993
- You must fill out the application as completely as possible. If an application is missing information it will likely be denied quickly.
- You cannot submit an application for another player. You may comment on an application to show support or lack thereof. There are two comment fields, public and private, for explainations of approval or disapprove of an application. Use your best judgement on which field is more appropriate.
- All applications should adhere to the previously stated criteria for promotions found here. Applications that do not show a "good faith" effort of a player to meet said criteria will be denied, and may incur a penalty period prior to resubmission (i.e. make sure you meet the criteria before submitting an application).
- Do not mug for approval votes either in the chat or in the forum.
- If your application is denied, you must wait at least one (1) week before reapplying.